Herb Teas

We take it in turns to buy tea and coffee at work and my mint teabags (that only I drink) ran out. Rather than buy some more, I cut and dried some Moroccan mint (well, pulled up some of the mint that was being a bit too exuberant) from the garden and dried enough to fill two big and one small Dowe Egberts coffee jars with mint leaves. I've taken the small jar and a tea infuser (I'd manage to acquire 3!) in to the staff kitchen and it's taken no longer to make a cup of tea than using a bag. Free, no plastic and zero food miles= smug feeling every lunchtime!




I actually got around to drying some linden blossom too, although it's probably not a good idea to drink that at work! I absolutely adore the smell of Lime trees in bloom - it reminds me of floral gums which are one of my favourite 'sweet shop' sweets; you know, the ones you used to buy by the quarter- but it's very soporific so I'll save that for bedtime. The big jars and the linden will stay at home where I'll try to cut down on my Earl Grey habit and use up some of the accumulated fruit and herb teas in the cupboard.

Comments

Popular Posts